-->

måndag 8 december 2014

Scandinavian Soul Studio Sessions - COSIMA

I've been working on a project with Scandinavian Soul were we've taken three unknown, unsigned soulful Swedish artists/bands and recorded them. Last Friday we uploaded our first video with COSIMA and her band.

The idea came up when I started to hang out with an amazing person who came to be a really good friend of mine, Cas Lemmens. He's working at Spotify and we were talked about renting their studio to do projects. After weeks of planning and thinking our first video out of three got overwhelming response on social media.



Here's something Cas wrote that I'll forever save: 

Two months ago Sandra asked me to help with a project that would put the spotlight on new Soul talent in Scandinavia. I had to step way out of my comfort zone, learning how to do recordings in a professional studio, how to capture sound the best way, and how to take care of all technical details so that artists could perform at the best of their ability.
It was stressful, scary, sometimes even frightening, but that's nothing compared to the goose bump feeling you get when you're able to capture immense talent and share it with the world. 
I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity I received, for the skills I've learned and for being a part of an experience that's build on the love for soul, the love for sharing and the believe in the power of music.
Thank you Sandra for pushing me to do this. I'll be forever grateful! Thank you Andy and Scandinavian Soul for creating this intense musical experience. Thank you Harold for the countless hours I stole from your days to show me how to record in the studio. Thank you Camila and Gustav for capturing this moment so well. Thank you Karol for the detailed mixing and coping with my first recordings. Thank you Cosima and band for being the first artist I've ever recorded. You're onto an amazing career! More movies will appear over the coming weeks. Stay tuned!


The classic stone face pose :) 

I'm so happy to have been part of this amazing project! Thank you to everyone involved, to Cas, Camila, Gustav, Karol, Andy, Cosima and her band. Special thanks goes to Arní and the team at Noodle Mama for sponsoring us with food. It's been a journey and it continues with two more videos; Ever Say Ever and Istria!!!

Enjoy the beautiful voice of Cosima. Stay tuned soulmates :*


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar